Monday, October 8, 2007

Rommel, Rian, Maan and Japan


Waaah...

Three of my friends are leaving for Japan this October. Thankfully, two of them will be back before Christmas which means we can still celebrate our usual pre-Christmas dinner and exchange gifts.

Unfortunately for Rian, she will be celebrating Christmas, New Year and her Birthday alone in Japan. We'll really miss her.

Anyway, we decided to have dinner together before they leave. I met them at Megamall and we had dinner at Sbarro. I usually order their Ziti but that time I had a change of heart and ordered Chicken Parmigiana instead. Sbarro is not really my favorite place for pasta but it is the first time I've had Chicken Parmigiana so I couldn't compare. But, if you want pasta I think I would recommend Javaman's Puttanesca (Inside Powerbooks) or Green Tomato's Pesto (Shangri-La) - both below 200 pesos (the last time I tried).

Most of my Trend Friends are Bookworms or TV Series addicts. Jethro and I thought of giving Rian and Maan books. Rian is very much excited to watch Stardust (originally written by Neil Gaiman)... so we gave her the book.



As for Maan, she loves most chick flick books or movies. As of now, we are both watching Gossip Girl from the book series by Cecily von Ziegesar... so that is what we gave her...



Aside from the books, Malou gave all three of them (including Rommel) cards... that I didn't take a picture...


After dinner, Maan had to head home... She still had errands to do the following day. The rest of us headed for coffee... (as usual)


We decided to go to the nearest shop at Starbucks. Rian bought me my usual Caramel Machiatto and, for herself, her usual Coffee Jelly. I am not sure what Jethro ordered... He must have tried everything on the list before as he practically lives there...

As we were having coffee, Rian could not help but show her excitement on her trip. She told us the list of things she needs to buy and promised to go shopping the following day. Although very excited, she still did not want us to remind her that she will have to spend the 3 most celebrated occasions of a year alone in Japan... I guess she'll miss us... but I don't think that would be half as much as we'll miss her...

Sayonara! Kiwotsukete, Rian!

No comments: