Monday, October 8, 2007

Tiangge, Coffee and Blueberry Cheese Cake

Looking for something to do before I work, I asked a friend to go out with me last friday(10/05/07) . My friend wanted to go to Paseo Center. She said she wanted to take a look around the tiangge at the 1st floor of the building. After a few minutes of looking around (that seemed like years on my empty tummy...), Joy bought a pair of silver dangling earrings for 150 pesos. I wanted to buy a really cute metallic pink blouse which the kind lady at the tiangge is offering for 280 pesos. I think it was a really good buy (if only I had bought it!). I told the lady that I will be back after my friend and I had taken dinner as my stomach is then rumbling like mad.

We ate dinner at Chicken Bacolod (2nd floor). I ordered the usual Inihaw na Pitso and Mangga Ensalada. Then, we went back to the lady's corner at the tiangge. Of course, someone had bought the blouse already (Didn't I tell me that it was a really good buy?!!). I felt bad but the lady said that she'll just try get another stock next week. Hopefully she' ll be able to get one as I really plan to go back.




After our little trip at the tiangge, we went to get some coffee. Actually, my friend wanted ice cream but I think I am so full with the dinner that we had that I needed something to help in digestion... So we went to Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (at Paseo Center 1st floor) where Joy ordered the featured ice-blended drink, Mocha Mud Slide (?) (P185) which she swore tastes really good. May be I'll try that next time. I had Cafe Caramel (P130) and Blueberry Cheese Cake (P135). I think the coffee's a little too sweet than Starbucks' Caramel Machiatto (but If you are a sweet tooth, you can give it a try). As for the cheese cake, I think I would prefer the one I had at Fazoli's.

Although, I'm not raving much about CBTL's cheese cake, I would still find time to go back. I like the place as I do most coffee shops... Most of them have hardwood floor, wooden tables, wooden chairs/comfy sofas and of course, the smell of coffee when you enter... A perfect place to read a book or chat with friends or (more importantly...) drink coffee...

No comments: